February 12, 2011

My First Arduino Test

So to check your arduino board, there is a simple program. To begin with, you have to  find an A/B USB cable, it's this one:

The board uses this cable to power itself if you don't have a power adaptor to plug it in.


 --------------------

Next you have to download the arduino software, you can find it here.
There are different versions depending on your operating system,
Windows, Linux and Mac version. So you download the software and you follow the instructions here to install it. It's pretty easy for windows, i didn't have any problems with it. I will also try the Linux version, I read somewhere that it is a bit harder.
So after you have installed your drivers, you open the arduino program, there are stored examples there and you try the blink program. You wait for the program to load to the board and voila!

This LED starts to blink, so the board works fine!

UPDATE -- Here is a video of the board with the LED blinking.


If you liked this article then take a second to bookmark it with...


1 comment:

  1. Great site, great posts. I am a software engineer. I am trying to return to my Electronics roots. Recently bought my first MC (Arduino).

    I found your blog site and was able do my first test/program swiftly. Thank you. Keep up the good work.

    Sam

    ReplyDelete